Skip to content
15 Tips For Family Bonding
- Whenever possible, eat meals together, especially dinner. Keep the TV off and do not answer the phone while dining.
- Help them with homework (or review homework schedules).
- Attend their sports event or activity (give positive feedback no matter the outcome).
- Play card or board games of their choosing.
- Watch a TV program that your kids like.
- Have a family night out and go to a movie, concert, or play.
- Exercise together (biking, swimming, tennis, hiking).
- Volunteer together (serving meals at homeless shelters, building homes for Habitat for Humanity).
- Do chores together (cooking, dishes, grocery shopping, housework, gardening).
- Drive them whenever possible and let them listen to their radio station.
- Have bedtime talks where you just sit and listen and let your children speak.
- Read together. If there is a book everyone wants to read (i.e. Harry Potter), each person can take turns reading aloud.
- Share a hobby together or take an active interest in your child’s hobby.
- Go on a family vacation and let the kids get involved in the planning.
- Every day, tell them you love them. Also, give a compliment or positive remark about something they’ve done.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.